Saturday, September 7, 2013

Oh he's so smart..."doh"

This is a short post today. I have been busy busy busy going to all sorts of play dates this week. Being part of two moms groups (one for local area and one for twins) has improved my social calendar greatly (from nothing to something). Overall it was a mama win kind of week, but don't worry there are a few stories to tell.

Mama win:
This week John has proved how stinkin smart (crafty) he is to me many times over. How great is that?! I have at least one, but probably two, baby geniuses. yay

Mama fail:
John has proved this to me by doing two things.
1. Getting past the now lowered (thanks to James) baby gate - Learned how to open? Magic? or, The ever popular shape shifting? - while I was making lunch. I only realized this by hearing the giggles of James who was now in the front room. And where was John...oh, all the way up ten stairs to the landing!!
2. He has figured out the baby proofing mechanism on our cabinets in the kitchen. Not once, not twice...and not by accident. He uses both hands and purposefully opens the door to it's limits and presses on white latch mechanism until it clears the hold and then he opens the door. He is 11.5 months old! Time to move all dangerous and poisonous things to...the...ceiling?

WHAT? Just doing my thing...

1 comments :

Houdini One and Two...Halloween outfit idea? Cute, but notsomuch fun for the momma when they figure this stuff out! Reminds me of those confused and combative patients in the ICU who would be out of their restraints before you made it to the door of their room!

I have seen some cool cabinets at Ikea where you can lock up your meds/cleaners with a key...maybe an option? Good luck!

Post a Comment